Create-A-World (or CAW) is a wonderful tool, but it is limiting in some ways. CAW is all you need to create a truly unique world, but there are lots of tweaks and tips that the community has discovered, in and out of CAW, for enhancing a world. We're not going to deal with the basics of CAW here, only with less intuitive world building methods.
- Colour within Game Design: Colours with Meaning at Take Initiative
- Colour within Game Design: Creating Different Atmospheres at Take Initiative
- Creating Worlds by Peter Kojesta of Gamasutra
- Landscaping Ideas at The Landscape Design Site
- LEVEL-DESIGN.ORG blog
- Level Design is Game Design at Game Architecture
- Articles at World of Level Design.
- The Art and Science of Level Design by Cliff Bleszinski of Epic Games.
- How to Do Hidden in Games by Matt Christian of Gamasutra
Textures and FilesEdit
- CAW Resources Forum at modthesims.info
- BSIRegina's CAW textures at bogsims.com
- Go Straight to Edit in Game with this .bat file at modthesims.info